My expertise lies principally in the fields of excluded subject matter, in particular software inventions, and aerospace. These are areas of constant innovation that excite me and continue to contribute to our daily lives. My practice has however covered a broad range of technologies, including:
- Commercial and space aviation
- Computer-implemented inventions
- User Interfaces
- Media production and streaming
- General mechanics
With my experience working for a large range of companies, from start-ups to multinational corporations, I am able to deliver clear advice that is the most suitable for a particular client’s needs. My practice in both Europe and the UK helps me guide my clients through the patenting process in a manner tailored to their experience and commercial situation, and provide strategic advice with a practical and international perspective to help add value to their business.
I take great pleasure in being able to see how patents can affect my clients’ businesses in a positive way. By providing the best service possible, from the drafting stage, through prosecution and beyond, I aim to provide my clients with protection for what is most commercially valuable for them. Seeing them reap the rewards of this process makes all the hard work worthwhile.
My previous assignments
- Drafting and prosecution of patent applications in Europe, the UK, the US, Japan, China, India and Korea, amongst others.
- Preparation and handling of oral proceedings, both in examination and opposition, at the EPO.
- Freedom-to-operate and infringement analysis
- Patent portfolio management including global assignments of rights
- Handling of invention disclosures and patentability assessment.