Technical understanding is essential
I know firsthand how important teamwork and meaningful discussions are for creativity and project momentum. I believe that the same is true for the technology transfer process, that in-depth technical understanding is essential for good discussion, to pinpoint the invention and to formulate the protection for your ideas and innovations.
Experience from product development
I have expertise in the areas of biochemistry, molecular biology and biotechnology, but also high throughput technologies in life science, drug development and food industry. As co-founder and former CTO of a spin-off biotech company in China, I have been active in product development processes from lab consumables to automated imaging systems.
My previous assignments
Validation, analysis and drafting within the fields of:
- Medicinal chemistry
- Food industry
- Kim S, Broströmer E, et. al. "Probing allostery through DNA."Science. 2013 Feb 15;339(6121):816-9.
- Brostromer E, Nan J, Li LF, Su XD. "Solid-liquid interface method (SLIM): a new crystallization method for proteins."Biochem Biophys Res Commun.2009 Sep 4;386(4):634-8.
- Nan J, Brostromer E, et.al. "Bioinformatics and structural characterization of a hypothetical protein from Streptococcus mutans: implication of antibiotic resistance."PLoS One. 2009 Oct 2;4(10):e7245.
- Nan J, Zhou Y, Yang C, Brostromer E, Kristensen O, Su XD. "Structure of a fatty-acid-binding protein from Bacillus subtilis determined by sulfur-SAD phasing using in-house chromium radiation"Acta Crystallogr D Biol Crystallogr. 2009 May;65(Pt 5):440-8.
- Brostromer E, Nan J, Su XD. "An automated image-collection system for crystallization experiments using SBS standard microplates."Acta Crystallogr D Biol Crystallogr.2007 Feb;63(Pt 2):119-25. Epub 2007 Jan 16.