European Patent Attorney
Chartered UK Patent Attorney
Software, aerospace, mechanics
PhD in Fluid Dynamics, Imperial College, London
MEng in Aeronautical Engineering, Imperial College, London
Institute of Professional Representatives before the European Patent Office (EPI)
Chartered Institute of Patent Attorneys (CIPA) (UK)
Kilburn & Strode LLP (London)
IP Litigator (UK)
Certificate in Intellectual Property Law (QMUL, UK)
Commercially valuable IP
It is my view that intellectual property should be a cornerstone of any successful business and, in particular, development of IP that is relevant to the particular commercial goals of the business. To enable this, I aim to build a close relationship with each of my clients that lets me see through their eyes, and ensure they feel I am part of the team and not just an outside counsel.
My expertise lies principally in the fields of software and aerospace. These are areas of constant innovation that excite me and continue to contribute to our daily lives. My practice has however covered a broad range of technologies, including:
- Commercial and space aviation
- Computer-implemented inventions including artificial intelligence (AI)
- User Interfaces
- Media production and streaming
- General mechanics
With my experience working for a large range of companies, from start-ups to multinational corporations, I am able to clearly guide my clients through the patenting process in a manner tailored to their specific experience and commercial situation. My practice in both Europe and the UK helps me provide strategic advice with a practical and international perspective, to help add value to my clients’ businesses. I take great pleasure in being able to see how patents can affect my clients’ businesses in a positive way.
My previous assignments
- Drafting and prosecution of patent applications in Europe, the UK, the US, Japan, China, India and Korea, amongst others.
- Preparation and handling of oral proceedings at the EPO, in examination, opposition and appeal.
- Freedom-to-operate and infringement analysis.
- Patent portfolio management including global assignments of rights.
- Handling of invention disclosures and patentability assessment.