PROFILE AND FAST FACTS
After ten years of experiences abroad (in China and the US), I enjoy facing new challenges and working in a dynamic environment. I was the first western PhD in nature sciences to graduate from Peking University and prior to joining Ström & Gulliksson, I worked as postdoc using single-molecule microscopy techniques at Harvard University.
PhD, Biochemistry & Molecular Biologi, MSc, Chemistry
Chinese (basic, oral)
Harvard University, XtalQuest Inc. (co-founder)
Swedish military service, Quartermeister
A passion for innovation
With a strong multidisciplinary research background, personal start-up experiences and a passion for innovation, I look forward to technical discussions in the field of life science and biotechnology.
Technical understanding is essential
I know firsthand how important teamwork and meaningful discussions are for creativity and project momentum. I believe that the same is true for the technology transfer process, that in-depth technical understanding is essential for good discussion, to pinpoint the invention and to formulate the protection for your ideas and innovations.
Experience from product development
I have expertise in the areas of biochemistry, molecular biology and biotechnology, but also high throughput technologies in life science, drug development and food industry. As co-founder and former CTO of a spin-off biotech company in China, I have been active in product development processes from lab consumables to automated imaging systems.
My previous assignments
Validation, analysis and drafting within the fields of:
- Medicinal chemistry
- Food industry
- Kim S, Broströmer E, et. al. “Probing allostery through DNA.” Science. 2013 Feb 15;339(6121):816-9.
- Brostromer E, Nan J, Li LF, Su XD. “Solid-liquid interface method (SLIM): a new crystallization method for proteins.” Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2009 Sep 4;386(4):634-8.
- Nan J, Brostromer E, et.al. “Bioinformatics and structural characterization of a hypothetical protein from Streptococcus mutans: implication of antibiotic resistance.” PLoS One. 2009 Oct 2;4(10):e7245.
- Nan J, Zhou Y, Yang C, Brostromer E, Kristensen O, Su XD. “Structure of a fatty-acid-binding protein from Bacillus subtilis determined by sulfur-SAD phasing using in-house chromium radiation” Acta Crystallogr D Biol Crystallogr. 2009 May;65(Pt 5):440-8.
- Brostromer E, Nan J, Su XD. “An automated image-collection system for crystallization experiments using SBS standard microplates.” Acta Crystallogr D Biol Crystallogr. 2007 Feb;63(Pt 2):119-25. Epub 2007 Jan 16.